Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Foray into Unknown Territory

Well, I've decided to start blogging.

I had been thinking about it for quite some time. "Should I do it? Should I not do it? What will people think? Will anyone read it anyway?" I had been very much on the fence for several months. This past weekend, I attended the Dawson Men's Retreat. The guest speaker was Tom Davis (more on him later). One of his admonitions (and he did a lot of admonishing) was to blog. He had answered my question.

So, here I am...blogging. What to write? It will probably be a little bit of this and and a little bit of that. I will try to spare you the mundane (I'll save that for Facebook!). I'll share with you things that I learn, mistakes that I make, people I meet, and beauty that I see and hear. I will try (try!) to be creative.

The title of my blog is Redundant Contradictions. What is the significance of that? In high school, I loved to play with interesting words and word combinations. I used to make lists and lists of them. I came up with redundant contradictions...probably after some confusing homework assignment. I decided that if I ever became a rock star, this would be the title of my first album. Well, I think I can safely say, as I press on toward my 40th birthday, that I will NOT become a rock star; therefore, I will NOT have a first album. This blog is as close as I will get.

I hope to make this a somewhat interesting journey. It's unknown territory. But you are welcome to join me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment